You might remember I did a mani swap with Sophie aka Nailingtons a couple of weeks ago – such a lovely lady! Imagine my sadness when she posted a blog entry last week confessing how uninspired she was feeling and how she was considering taking a break from nail art…
I love Sophie’s work – she’s a talented artist, particularly when it comes to stamping. I watched one of her YouTube videos when choosing designs for our mani swap and loved how many little tips and tricks she gave that I hadn’t figured out for myself.
More importantly, she’s a sweetheart.
To help remind Sophie how marvellous she is at this little obsession of ours, I got together with fellow Nailingtons fans Louise (@louisenails) and Elle (@with2l) to create a Super Sophie collage of manis inspired by her work.
What a result eh? Happily, Sophie is now in much better spirits and back to blogging – testament to the MAGIC that is nail art! 🙂
For my recreation, I went for a gorgeous mint polka dot and rose mani that Sophie did in July. Visit Nailingtons to see the original.
To create this look:
1. On every finger except your ring finger, paint two coats of a mint polish. I used Ciate Pepperminty
2. On your ring finger, use two coats of a dark grey-lilac shade, such as Nails Inc Kensington Place.
3. Use a dotting tool, toothpick or hair pin to cover your mint nails with white dots. I used Models Own Hypergel White Light
4. Take a striping brush and a lighter grey polish to add thin stripes on your ring finger. I used Barry M Gelly Chai.
5. Once dry, use a dotting tool to add large blobs of a deep purple over the mint fingers. I used Barry M Nightshade – a black or deep purple would also work here.
6. Using a thin striper, add the detail of the roses over the blobs using your dark lilac again. If you want the definition to stand out more, use a lighter lilac or grey shade.
7. Add leaves to the roses using a green polish. I used Essie Pretty Edgy.
8. Finish with a topcoat.
Thank you Sophie for being Super, and giving us some excellent designs to recreate! 🙂